Vanya Silk Reeling
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Title: Studies on correlation between sericin solubility, reelability and stripping force of tasar cocoon – CYR 7089
Dr.Kariyappa, Prakash N Bhat, Z.M.S. Khan, Subhas V. Naik and Ajit Kumar Sinha
- Efficiency of all the cooking methods developed so for will be measured scientifically and new optimum cocoon cooking method (Technology) for maximum recovery of raw silk will be developed.
- Quality of tasar raw silk due to better cookig method shall be improved.
- Productivity per person will improve so that industry can become economically viable.
- Using UV spectrometer reelability can be estimated based on Sericin solubility % instead of actual reeling method.
- New cooking formulation wil be available with improved reelability.
- Title: Extraction of Eri Sericin and characterisation – CYF07001SI
Dr. M.A. Joseph,
Dr. Radha lakshmi, Sreenivasa & J. Ramappa
To develop suitable methodology for large scale isolation of Eri sericin from the degumming liquor (HTHP – Process) and its characterization for the various applications.
- Title: Studies on Tasar cocoon drying and cooking using CSTRI conveyor drier and pressurized cooking technology- CFC07006MI
CSTRI, Bangalore = Dr.Kariyappa, Kiran.B.Malali, Sreenivasa, Ravikumar D
CTR&TI, Ranchi = Debasis Chattopadhyay
Standardized cooking and reeling process parameters. Technology for production of quality Tasar reeled silk and hence better quality fabric. Quality parameters of yarn produced from this conveyor dried cocoons.