Silk Wet Processing
RECENTLY COMPLETED PROJECTS
- Title: Development of Sericin Based Finish for Textile Materials – CFC 7072
Brojeswari Das, M. A. Joseph & Subash Naik (CSTRI, CSB, Bangalore, India)
Rangam Rajkhowa, Xungai Wang (Deakin University, Australia)
- Sericin of desired quality (range of molecular weight) is available for deve of sericin based finish on textile materials.
- Optimised conditions for application of sericin finish on polyster fabrics achieved.
- Durable sericin based finish available for application of textile fabrics.
- Title: Studies on Photodegradation of Silk Fabrics – CFC 7073
- A. Hipparagi , K. Jagannathan , G. Thimmareddy (CSTRI, CSB, Bangalore, India)
Rangam Rajkhowa, Dr. Lu Sun (Deakin University, Australia)
- Developed suitable finishing treatment for silk fabrics to improve photo degradation resistance of silk fabrics.
- Title: DEVELOPMENT AND CHARACTERIZATION OF SILK AND SILK BLENDED MÉLANGE YARNS – CYF 7081
Sreenivasa, Prakash N Bhat, Dr. Jameela Khtoon, S.A. Hipparagi and Dr. Brojeswari Das
Popularization of Silk Melange yarns through development of diversified product developments and dissemination in the field have been planned in the New Research Proposal.