VANYA SILK REELING
Motorised Spinning Machine
- Traditionally, Takli Spinning was practiced for production of Eri Spun yarn in Assam and Northeastern states
- The average production of Eri spun silk was 50 gm per day
- Motorized Cum Pedal operated Spinning Machine was developed to enhance the productivity (150-200 gms/day) and quality of the spun yarn ensures better returns
- This machine is used for Spinning not only Vanya silks ( Eri, Tasar & Muga) but also mulberry silk (pierced and cut cocoons)
- The device is portable and can be operated manually also by pedaling during power failure
Motorised Reeling cum Twisting Machine
- Traditional thigh reeling of tasar cocoons is most cumbersome and inhuman resulting in low production (about 80gms/day) and the quality of the yarn reeled is very poor.
- Introduction of CSTRI Motorised Reeling Cum Twisting machine and wet reeling of tasar cocoons has helped in removing the drudgery, improving the production (200-250 gms/day) and quality of the tasar yarn.
- Provision has also made to carry out the reeling manually during power failure.
- Tasar reeling package has been developed by which superior quality tasar silk yarn can be produced
Tasar Cocoon Sorting Machine
- At present, sorting of tasar cocoon is done manually depending on shape and size of cocoons, which takes long time to fix the grade for transaction of cocoons
- This machine facilitates sorting of cocoons as per the grade scientifically within short span of time
- Specific degumming recipe has been developed for Eri cocoons
- High quality eri spun yarn of 2/80s, 2/120s count has been manufactured in bulk scale successfully in worsted spinning system
Solar Operated Spinning Machine
- improves the quality of hand spun yarn
- reduces production cost and drudgery
- suitable for physically handicapped / aged persons
- battery back of 6 hours
- increased speed of the motor for higher production
- production of around 180 to 200 gms / day
- A special brush for brushing tasar / muga cocoons before taking into reeling has been developed that
- helps in eliminating the deflossing process
- saves time
- reduces wastage percentage
- prevents the cocoon opening during cooking.