MULBERRY SILK REELING
Batch type Electric Hot air Drier
- Hot air dryer is used to kill & dry the pupae and remove the moisture content from the cocoons.
- Cocoons will be protected from fungal attack by removal of cocoon moisture fully.
- Fully hot air dried cocoons may be stored for a longer duration.
- Improves significantly the quality of raw silk reeled.
Multiend Unit Multiend Machine
- Multiend Reeling package is an improvement over cottage basin and CSB has provided assistance for establishment of number of units by the beneficiaries during CDP IX & X plans & the scheme is continued in XI plan also.
- This machine facilitates production of bigger lots of superior quality raw silk ensuring better productivity and higher returns for reelers.
The Traditionally dupion silk yarn is produced using double & inferior quality cocoons by engaging child labour for turning the traditional charkas under unhygienic working environment.
Improved Cottage Basin Machine
- The reeling devices running in most of the silk clusters are primitive and outdated which results in poor quality raw silk production under unhygienic conditions.
- Improved cottage basin reeling package has helped to produce better quality silk and also improving working environment
- Charka reeling device is a crude contrivance for producing silk with minimum mechanization and practically no gadgets for quality control
- Generally child labour is entrusted for turning charka manually
- Motorization of charkha helps in eradication of child labour
- Improves working conditions with better productivity
Dupion Reeling Machine
- Traditionally dupion silk yarn is produced using double & inferior quality cocoons by engaging child labour for turning the traditional charkas under unhygienic working environment
- Automatic Dupion Silk Reeling machine has been developed to produce international grade Dupion silk
- Technology discourages use of child labour, provides better working condition and enhances better returns
- Reeling technology package using multiend reeling machinery for the cocoons produced under unfavourable season has been developed by which considerable improvement in terms of reelability, productivity and quality characteristics of raw silk can be acheived by adopting this technology.
- Process norms for silk reeling on cottage basin and multiend reeling have been developed which would help in improving the efficiency, thereby productivity, raw silk recovery and quality of silk in the reeling sector
- A set of guidelines are now available to Multiend reelers which can guide them to produce raw silk yarn quality similar to the domestic basin in order to cater to the requirements of zari manufacturers
8 ends Improved Cottage Basin Reeling Machine
- Low cost 8 ends / basin 6 basin improved cottage basin reeling machine has been developed for mulberry silk reeling, which would reduce the capital investment of the reelers considerably
- The reeling machine can work with medium / superior quality cocoons from which gradable raw silk (2A) can be produced
- It has been provided with jetteboute system, individual reel stop motion and adjustable speed pulley
- It can produce up to 1.0 kg of raw silk / basin / shift of 8 hours