Ongoing Research Projects
1. Title: Grading of Tasar Raw Silk Yarn: Development of Methods and procedure
Scientists involved: Prakash N Bhat, Kiran B Malali, Naveen V Padaki, Gautam Mitra, Jayanta Ghose, Raghu K, N. S. Gahlot & Z.M.S. Khan
- Method of testing and grading for tasar raw silk.
- Standard photographs for evaluation of Evenness variation, Neatness and Cleanness.
- It would bring fair trade practices among tasar raw silk traders/weavers and reelers.
- It would help reelers for improvement in tasar raw silk quality and helps weavers to produce quality fabric.
- Identification and quantification of different variety of silk